Thursday, July 4, 2013

North East to Far East...

Hey fabulous folk!

It has been waaaay too long since my last post, but don't worry I have the perfect excuse! ;) 
I have been travelling the width and breadth of the globe and pretty much given myself a crash course in denim over the last 6 weeks. 
After returning from Premiere Vision in Paris at the end of May (see previous post), I have since been to China and Bangladesh with a bit of Europe in between and the busier I get the more passionate about denim I become... For those of you not in the industry, denim is no longer about a pair of 5-pocket jeans, the fabric technologies are vast and expanding constantly, and we are working to source the best fabrics around to offer our customers. It is so exciting to see the denim trends growing, from vintage Levi's to knitted jersey denim, you can build a full range into your wardrobe... "The possibilities are endless!" as they say...
Well that's my 'geek out' for the evening. Check out these pictures from a fabric mill earlier today. Where denim begins!...

Look closely to the back of the machine to see the threads being weaved in...


The denim being weaved...
The finished fabric.. Now all we need is to wash, finish, design and sew!

Until next time...S&L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment